Post-Production Techniques & Processes

LO4 (Unit 3) - Be able to carry out post-production techniques any processes for an original media product to a client brief.


(P5:U3)



Both my front cover and double page spread were created and edited on Adobe Photoshop



For my front cover, I wanted to make the person in the image stand out as much as possible. As the background was vibrant and had a great amount of distracting features (such as graffiti, various objects/buildings, etc) I decided to soften it and make it black and white.

I then uploaded the image again, but this time removing the background from the person, using the magnetic lasso tool. I then copied the layer and pasted it onto the black and white image. This enabled me to add the image of the person without the background, which is what can be seen in this image as the finished result.

This makes the main subject of the image stand out and more eye-catching.



In this image, I have added the logo for Grimed Out Magazine as the mast-head. The font used is called 'Spray.Me'.

I chose the colour for the font to be the same as the colour of the persons coat. This made the mast-head fit well on the front cover, and stand out with the main subject in the image, without distracting from it too much.



Above is an image of the main cover line on my magazine front cover. In order to make the artists name "MC Yorkz" bold and stand out more, I had to select the layer, duplicate it and then link the duplicated layers.



For the main cover line, I later decided to change the colour. I preferred the appearance of the orange shown above (Pantone 804 C) as I believed it complimented the blue colours on the front cover, and stood out more.

 

For the cover lines, I used a variety of grey-scale rectangles as boarders. I also included drop shadows in order to create a more bold and noticeable effect.  


 

For my double page spread, I inserted a transparent rectangle as a border for the text. This ensured that the text was easy to read and made the double page spread match the grey theme throughout the magazine.


   

For my double page spread, I included an advert promoting the artists 'new album'. In order to create this, I inserted text and png images onto a rectangle, so that it appeared like an album cover.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pitching Ideas & Evaluating Responses

Creating Production Materials