Creating Production Materials

LO3 (Unit 3) - Be able to create production materials for an original media product to a client brief.

(P4:U3, M3:U3)


For the production of my magazine, I took a series of original photographs on a Canon DSLR camera. Two of these images, that I believe to be the best shots, will be edited and used for my double page spread and front cover in Grimed Out Magazine.



Image 1:
Type: Medium-long shot

This is the image that I have selected for my front cover. I chose this photo for my front cover due to the many features it includes. For example, there is a vibrant and eye-catching background consisting of graffiti. The justification for this is that it will fit well with the theme of Grimed Out Magazine as the logo looks like spray-painted graffiti, and is also photographed in an urban area, that tends to attract ages between 16-20 (this is also the age demographic for Grimed Out Magazine).



Image 2:
Type: Medium-close shot

For my double page spread, I selected this image. I wanted my front cover photograph to differ from my double page spread, in order to ensure that the magazine is not too repetitive and does not bore readers.

The justification for this is that this image kept to the theme of the magazine and correlates with the front cover image, as they both include the same artist, and have a graffiti background. This image also fits well with the theme of Grimed Out Magazine as the colours fit well with the dark, grey-scale toned colour scheme.



Proof:
 Below are images taken of me, that were shot whilst I was taking the photographs. 
This proves that the content is original and taken by myself. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pitching Ideas & Evaluating Responses