Evaluating Responses

LO3 (Unit 21) - Be able to pitch ideas on a proposed media product and respond to questions

(D1:U21)

Client Feedback:
During my pitch, the client made a suggestion of expanding my age range and branching out to those over the age of twenty. This suggestion is something I would consider, however, based on secondary research, I have found that the main audience who listen to grime are ages between 16-20.
From this research, I have concluded that I should mainly focus on targeting my magazine at this age range, as the magazine is most likely to appeal to this demographic. 

Although It believe expanding the target audience/establishing a secondary audience will benefit the magazine and increase the chance of sales, I believe that as Grimed Out Magazine is in its early stages, and not yet fully developed/well known within the industry, it will be unrealistic to try and appeal to a wide range of individuals. In order to ensure that the magazine is not unsuccessful, I will start small, and as Grimed Out gains more recognition/becomes more reputable, I will later begin to gradually expand the target audience and widen the customer base. 

When looking at the handouts I created, the client made some analytical comments with regards to the spacing and layout of the textual structure/format. of my double page spread. The client made suggestions regarding the flow of the lettering and how I should be weary of spacing when incrusting text, as this can affect the readers ability to interpret and understand the content. 

I believe that these comments where of great significance as the leading and spacing of words can definitely effect how a person reads the content. As Grimed Out Magazine is going to appeal to those of a younger age, we need to ensure it is simplistic enough for readers to follow, and by further  organising and arranging the layout, our magazine will be more legible and simpler to follow.

To conclude, the clients overall feedback was highly important and relevant to Grimed Out Magazine, as many constructive suggestions were made, which will help when further developing the magazine, and when producing a final product.

The Brief:
The client brief specifies that the magazine is to be available as both online and print-based copies. I have met this requirement as I mentioned in my pitch, that Grimed Out Magazine will be distributed both online and in store.

The brief also states that the magazine is to be focused specifically on music within North London. To ensure that this requirement is met, Grimed Out Magazine will feature stories and reports on popular grime venues/gigs within North London, as well as upcoming/already established talents from North London.

In the brief, it is also mentioned that the magazine may decide to expand throughout all areas of London. I have considered this when creating aims for Grimed Out Magazine, as it is mentioned (in my plan) that I hope to expand the magazine across London and hopefully become the most prominent.

Finally, another element (from the client brief) that I have taken to account is the requirement to create sample pages from the first edition of Grimed Out Magazine. When presenting my pitch, I handed out a sample copy of the front cover and double page spread to the client. I did this tot ensure they fully understood the concept, and got an idea of what Grimed Out Magazines appearance/theme will consist of.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pitching Ideas & Evaluating Responses

Creating Production Materials